The Augrabies Falls is a waterfall inside the Augrabies National Park of South Africa situated in the Northern Cape Province close to the town of Upington.
The falls and park runs along the famous Orange River with the gorge below the falls at an estimated 240 m deep running for 18 kilometres.
If the Augrabies Falls is not your thing other activities in the park include night drives, walking the Gariep trail or hiking the Klipspringer 3 day trail.
- Picnic area for Day Visitors with ablution and barbecue facilities, and a swimming pool.
- Shop, Shibula Restaurant.
- No ATM facility available.
- Public telephones, fuel.
- Three swimming pools for residents and the pool hours are as follows:
- October to March – 6:30am to 7:30pm
- April to September – 7:30am to 5:30pm
- Information on birds, reptile and mammal species found in the park, is available at reception on request